PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping with the Provider, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may also use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with our goods and services placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Provide you updates and promotional information relating to our products
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Your name and shipping details are shared with the Provider so that they may fulfil your order. There may be times where we also share your email address and phone number with them too (e.g to resolve any disputes).
When we disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees, contractors and third-party service providers (i.e. freight company). This includes social network providers, payment providers (e.g. we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/
legal/privacy) and for others that may develop or maintain our systems which will enable us to enhance and better our offering for your continued use;
- We may also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. Those parties who we are required to provide your personal information to by law, for example, to comply with a court order, prevent illegal use or to defend third party claims or to otherwise protect our rights;
- Where it is necessary for us to obtain third party services such as customer freight shipping, payment services and data storage. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company;
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access, amend or delete your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please email us at email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. If you would like to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.